Springfield Chess Club regulations
These regulations have been adopted by the Board and by membership votes, and are subordinate to the club constitution. They were last amended on November 29, 2017.
Office of Newsletter Editor
- The SCC shall have the office of Newsletter Editor. The officer shall be appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Duties of the Newsletter Editor shall be to design, prepare, and distribute copies of a newsletter to the members.
Office of Scholastic Director
- The SCC shall have the office of Scholastic Director. The officer shall be appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Duties of the Scholastic Director shall be to organize and promote scholastic tournaments and matches, and to be the club's contact with scholastic chess clubs.
Annual Dues and Memberships
- The SCC's annual adult dues are currently $8 (eight dollars) per year.
- Club adult memberships shall be for calendar years, and shall expire on December 31.
- The SCC's annual scholastic dues are currently $5 (five dollars) per year.
- Club scholastic memberships shall be for academic years, and shall expire on June 30.
- Scholastic membership is restricted to students enrolled in primary or secondary school.
- Scholastic members are not entitled to a vote in any club business meeting.
- When a new member joins the club, or a former member whose membership has been lapsed for at least two full years rejoins the club, his dues for the remainder of the calendar year or academic year shall be pro-rated by the number of days remaining in the calendar year or ten-month academic year (September through June), then rounded up to the next even dollar.
- If no nominations are received on nomination night for a club office, the incumbent officer is automatically renominated, even if he is absent.
- With the exception described in part 1, one must be present at the meeting to be nominated.
- The nominator must be present at the meeting, and cannot be the same person as the nominee.
- The board members may assist each other with their duties, but their votes must remain separate. Thus, no person shall simultaneously hold more than one of the five elective offices.
- If a sitting club officer's membership lapses, the seat is not considered vacant until the membership has been lapsed for three months.
- The club shall hold at least one business meeting per year, open to the entire club membership.
- Unless rescheduled by the Board of Directors, one such meeting shall take place at the first Wednesday club meeting after Thanksgiving for the purpose, at minimum, of holding nominations for next year's Board of Directors. Other items may be added to that meeting's agenda as needed.
- If necessary, elections shall take place at another business meeting at least one but not more than three weeks following nominations.
- The Board of Directors may call additional business meetings as it sees fit.
See our club constitution
Back to Governance
Back to the main page